Tanzania, 17 – 27 February 2020
The East African Creative Music Campus, is a programme offered by the Global Music Academy, and co-funded by EU Erasmus+ and Goethe Institut. There are 10 countries participating from 10 academies (includes Music Crossroads Academies). Countries covered include: Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Mozambique.
Previously held in Ethiopia in 2018, this year saw the campus travel to Tanzania, and hosted by local organisation Action Music Academy.
Belle and Co’s director, Belisa Rodrigues, together with Faisal Kiwewa, CEO of Bayimba, an organisation based in Uganda, were co-facilitators for the Business Development Workshop held over 8 days during the campus. The main outcome of the training was for each Music Academy to draw up a fully fledged business plan and cashflow projection for the next 2-3 years.
The intensive training covered topics such as:
- Developing your Vision, Mission and defining your values
- What is your unique Value Proposition
- Who are your customers and what are their needs
- Market research, market analysis and knowing your competition- where do you position yourself in the market?
- Risk Analysis and risk mitigation strategies
- Marketing Mix and Strategic direction, objectives and implementation plans to reach your objectives
- Financial projections, costing and revenue streams
The training also covered topics such as grant writing and fundraising, advocacy and pitching.